Monthly Topics

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Praying for the Nation

So since last Thursday I believe we (anthem) has been interceding for our nation and the president and so forth. I probably should have put this up then so that I would have reminded those of you who still check this blog out, to pray for our country but oh well... Not really but it will just have to do. But not saying that it's never too late to pray for our country. So Obama did it, and now abortion and homosexual marriage are going to start hitting home hard, so be praying for truth, wisdom, and love to be sought after. A big prayer that I think most if not all of us Anthem students have been praying for, is that the church would rise up and really dive into a deep faith in God and seek miracles and provisions that only he can do. Just to let you peeps know faith is being pursued very heavily here and right now, the Bible says it is impossible to please God without faith, and God wants us to be faithful in the small things, so I encourage everyone to be pursuing (not perusing) a great faith in the love of Jesus and the power of God.

It's funny whenever I say or think "power of God" I say it in my head with this deep "powerful" voice, kind of like when God shows up in the movie, "Monte Python and The Holy Grail". What a great movie. But in that I challenge you, yes you, to be seeking a power of God that is real, because by faith we believe that the power of God is real and immense, and that anything, yes anything can happen with that "power!" So don't think of God's power as this "aww (angle cry)" cartoonish thing, because it's real and it is powerful.

I'd like to take this time to make a shout out to J Prickett, you rock, yeah!

1 comment:

jen said...

jonny, you rock. i'm just trying to keep up with you.