Monthly Topics

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surrender...

Surrender, has been my theme of life this summer and is still continuing. I just read a verse, Galations 5:24-25. And it talks about following the Spirit leading us, and by doing that we who belong to Jesus Christ have nailed our passions and sinful desires to the cross and cruicified them there. That's an awesome verse.

It's funny I recall AP English Senior year and we read a book entitled, "Anthem" (which is funny in that I am at Anthem, how ironic). I keep looking back at the significance of this book, and it was that the main character developed an Ego, in a society where NO ONE had an ego. The funny part of this is that God's challenging me to drop my Ego, and not necessarily follow the crowd or develop my own thoughts, but to be selfless.

No comments: